Monday, November 3, 2008

PuMpKiNs






We did pumpkin carving this year again, and I don't know about anyone else but this is one of my least favorite holiday activities. And in the past two years it has not been Kate either, so basically it is just Nicholas that really enjoys it. But this year it was so much fun, and I think it could have been because both of girls loved it, they both loved digging the pumpkin seeds out and couldn't believe the funny faces we were doing. Kate was really worried about making a scary face and so all of our pumpkins had big smiles. Vanny kept getting really low so she could see the face and then would say "Hello" to the pumpkin, I thought we would die laughing. We had so much fun and loved getting our girls dressed up in their cute Halloween shirts..(thank you Rach). We will be looking forward to next years pumpkin carving.

8 comments:

Jake and Megan said...

What cool pumpkins. Van-van(that is what McKenna calls her)& Kate look so cute in their orange and black. We really missed you guys at the Halloween party!

Dave n Bre plus thr3e! :o) said...

So fun!! It really is the fun part to see them enjoy it!! So glad they had fun! And they look darling!!

The Sullengers said...

Cute pics - your girls are darling! I really liked pumpkins this year too although I still don't really enjoy getting my hands all gooey

Emily said...

I know I am not big on pumpkin carving, but they are always really cute when they are done. You could look for some of the "potato head" parts that you can use for pumpkins... I think the pumpkins hold up better, there is less mess, and they are just cute.

Carolyn said...

Your girls are so cute in their matching outfits, and I love Savannah's little glare in that picture!!

russandkatie said...

Hey! Rachel told me that you made salsa a while back and I kept meaning to look at your blog to see how it turned out. Thanks for letting me look, you have such a cute family! -katie (from rachel's ward)

Nate, Meggan & Ledger said...

they look so cute in their halloween clothes, and the pumpkins are great! i have never been very good at carving pumpkins! i love those pictures in the princess pj's and the one with kate holding vanny!

Brett & Sue said...

So fun to see your cute family...Hope you don't mind us sneeking a peek once in a while.