Saturday, November 1, 2008

Another plus of living in the land of FRUIT


Some people in our ward had tons and tons of raspberries that they needed picked. We spent an hour of picking raspberries and got 17 cups, and that isn't including the many cups we ate while picking. It was very fun and are enjoying the yummy raspberry jam that we made form it. I wish I would have taken a picture of all of the raspberry bushes they had. There were 6 huge rows of bushes that were filled with the best raspberries that I have ever had. I hope this can be something we can do every ear.

Next I was able to get lots and lots of tomatoes to make yummy salsa. My friend Sarah and I got together and made our very first salsa. It was a lot of cutting and I am glad I had someone to help with it. I will say that she had the worst job, Cutting onions, Sorry Sarah :). It turned out great. Next year I want to try a puree salsa this was a chunky salsa.

3 comments:

Damien and Ashley said...

ooooo, yummy! i love homemade salsa! i would love to try it!

Nate, Meggan & Ledger said...

how fun. i am jealous!!! i am glad that you guys like it in washington so much!!! tell nitch great job. tell your girls hi!!! ledge misses them

Dave n Bre plus thr3e! :o) said...

Yum!! Sounds soooo good, and fun! Way to go!