Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Hop Festival




The weekend after we moved here there was the annual Hop festival going on. The town we live in is the capital for hops. For all of those who are like us, and didn't know what they were I will explain. They are a green vein that has a little almost green looking berry on them that is used in beer. They are everywhere and are very pretty. So when we had told my dad this he of course knew what hops were and thought the new town we live in along with the festival was the next best thing. So besides the different beer exhibits it was very fun. They had a lot of games for the kids and good food. We had a very fun time and can't wait to get to go next year!!!

This is a picture I took of the hops growing on the road besides our house.

1 comment:

Jonathan & Rachel said...

OH boy! I bet dad was in heaven! Sounds like you guys are having a FUN time!! I'm not sure what I'm going to do without seeing those little girls soon!