Saturday, May 17, 2008

Princess Parade









Kate had her Princess Party today but her brthday isn't till Monday the 19th. Every night Kate would ask when her party was and how many days it was away. I am sure she wondered if there really was going to even be a party!!! But sure enough the day arrived and about 5 minutes before everyone was suppose to show up I couldn't find Kate. I went outside and found her sitting at the table patiently waiting for her friends to arrive. She had been looking forward and talking about this day for about two month (since we decided we were going to do a princess party). She loved seeing what each girl was dressed up as. After someone would walk in she would say "oh my heck so in so is Cinderella or belle" It was hilarious. We had some super cute little girls who looked darling. They got to decorate wands, have a scavenger hunt, do a pinata, and of coarse eat cake. I had made the cake last night(which I am glad I did because it took a bit longer than I had thought) with the help of my wonderful husband, and there were a few touch and go moments (as Nicholas would call them) but the final product turned out great. Kate was thrilled to wake up and find that she actually had the anticipated Castle cake in touching distance. Most of the time before the party she was just standing in front of the cake saying "be very careful don't touch it". Even though it took awhile it was well worth my time when I saw how much she loved it. It was a perfect birthday and Kate had a blast..Thank you so much to everyone who came, especially Mallory who came up from Idaho...(thank you Megan for sending her those two sure love each other). Now we will have to find something else to occupy our many conversations, but I am sure we won't have any problems though.

8 comments:

Jonathan & Rachel said...

It turned out PERFECT!! She looks so darling! I wish I could have seen how excited she was-she'll remember it forever! Way to go Ash-all your hard work paid off!!

Damien and Ashley said...

What a fun party! She looks so pretty, as do all the other princesses! I love seeing all the fun a creative things you do Ash! What lucky little girls to have you as their mommy!

The Karlinsey Family said...

ashley your family is so beautiful. I am so happy I came across your blog now we can keep in touch. my blog is clintandtiffanykarlinsey.blogspot.com Do you still live in utah?

Jake and Megan said...

Mallory had the best time ever!(straight from her mouth)Thanks for making it so fun, you are such a good party planner! Mallory is having her party in August,but afraid you will be moved by then--dang it! We love you guys!

Jeff and Erin said...

Hi guys! Kate's princess party looked so much fun, whate cute princesses! It was so good to see you guys before we left! We sure do miss Utah and all of our friends and family but thank goodness for technology! Hopefully we can keep in touch! Ashley if you could I would love a copy of that pic of me and the girls! Tell everyone Hi for us!

Dave n Bre plus thr3e! :o) said...

Hey Ashley, Gracie had so much fun!! Thanks for having her!! You did such a good job! Everything was sooo cute!! Happy Birthday Kate!!

The Karlinsey Family said...

yes we are in provo. we go up to willard every once in a while to see clints parents if we get up there before the end of july we will have to see if we can get together.

Carolyn said...

Looks like a fun party, she's a little cutie!