Tuesday, February 12, 2008

The Happiest Place on Earth





I don't even know how to describe how fun Disneyland was. It definetly exceeded our expectations. We went with my sister and her family and my Dad. It was fun because Rachel's family has been there a few times so they knew about everything and helped us all get around. I was a little nervous at first to see how Kate would be with the characters. She has only seen a few in her life and each one she was in tears over. But after seeing a few she loved them and was constantly asking to see more. The cutest thing was when we saw our first princess (which was Airel) Kate walked right up to her and just gave her the biggest hug. She hugged her for quite awhile and I don't think she would have let go if we didn't make her, It was the cutest thing ever. After that Kate was loving all the different princess and Sleeping Beauty is still her favorite. She was also so funny about the rides. The first couple she would kinda hide but keep one eye open just in case there was something exciting about to happen. She never cried or said she didn't want to go on rides. She really loved it and after her first 3 rides or so she was asking and asking for more rides. Her famous line of the trip was "Not Scarey". After every ride she would tell everyone "not scarey". She was kinda saying it just to make sure that it wasn't scarey for anyone else. The funniest was when she would tell Savannah that. Savannah also loved seeing all the differnt things, just as long as her Mom was with her. She decided to turn into a momma'a girl and would cry and try to work so hard if anyone held her. I thought Disneyland would have the same effect on her as Las Vegas did but she didn't come out of her shell as much. But, I think it was because she was to busy studying and watching everything. Going into Disneyland Nicholas had me believing he was not a ride person, which is far from the truth. He went on every ride, lots of times even twice. Our whole family had so much fun. It was especially fun to go with my family. My Dad was such a good sport and there were times he kinda was like a little kid. I guess that is what Disneyland does to people.
We probably talk about Dineyland and all of Kate's favorite rides 20 times a day. It was well worth it and I hope we can go again sooner rather than later.

6 comments:

Jake and Megan said...

Sounds like you had a great time! Mallory and Jace watched your slide show over and over again.

Emily said...

That sounds like so much fun! I can't wait until we go (Jed complains about it being a waste of money - but I will leave him & go by myself if I have too! :)) I'm sure it was nice to have some sunshine too. I never realized it before, but Kate looks a ton like your side of the family. She looks alot like her cousins & you in those pictures!

Emily said...

Just to clarify, I meant leave Jed at home while I go on the trip - not leave him forever! Just didn't want any rumors floating around out there. :)

Loughmiller's said...

How FUN!!! I live 2 1/2 hours east of LA in the desert, and we have not gone to Disney Land. WE are so close, but have never made it. I am so glad that you had a great time. It is always fun to make family memories.
Your family is adorable!

Jonathan & Rachel said...

Oh that was SO much fun! I wish we could go back!!!

Amber McArthur said...

Holy Smokes! I so wish we could go to Disneyland! It looks like you had so much fun. I can't wait to hear all about it from Kate.