Monday, February 25, 2008

why get a babysittier...........





........when you have cats? My Mother let kate keep her two cats for awhile because Kate has asked and asked if they could come stay at her house for quite some time now(And Yes they are hairless). It is the cutest thing to see how much she has loved these two cats. Both Kate and Savannah literally follow them around all day. Kate is constantly wanting to know where they are at and what they are doing, it is the first thing she asks about when she wakes up. They even have slept with her at night which was the cutest thing to see. One of the cats was cleaning it's leg or something and I was telling Kate that this is how Cat's take baths. Well about right after I had said that she starts licking the cats, but don't worry we did stop it as soon as it started. I have to say Nicholas has warmed up to them and he will pick them up if he has to, even though he does tries everything else before that happens. Savannah is also pretty funny with them, she has definitely learned a faster crawl since we have gotten them. She will sqweal and giggle at them constantly while she is following them around our house. The only picture I could get of her with the cats is the one with her trapping a cat in their cage because she wouldn't sit still with them around. I am sure these cats are thinking what did they get themselves into? But really they both are suprisingly nice and gentle with them. I was very into animals as a child and it is funny to see our girls get that quality from me. I think it is great for kids to grow up around animals, and hope one day we can have a whole bunch of different animals espically cats...and maybe even hairless.

4 comments:

Starla said...

How fun! Emma loves her kitty. I forgot how much work they are but they sure keep her entertained. I wish at times I could declaw him, but I don't know how else he would defend himself from Emma! We hope all is well and we need to get together sometime!

Jonathan & Rachel said...

That is so cute! Kate may go through withdrawls once you give the cats back. I can't believe how much she just naturally loves animals-it is sweet!!

Jake and Megan said...

Mallory wants to come see those cats. At first she said Oh no-those cats are going to get in big trouble because they are in the house. I had to explain to her that these cats can go in the house. Then she looked at me and said "oh only cats but not dogs"

Amber McArthur said...

Kate and Savannah are so brave! I am a little too much like my family when it comes to animals!