Saturday, October 18, 2008

Second Round of Picking Apples and Canning




Nicholas parents Nick and Susan came down for Nicholas white coat ceromony in September. We were very excited to have them come back and visit us. We also have lots of fun with them. Last time they cam we canned peaches and lucky for them they got to do it again:). We canned applesauce and apple pie filling. We ran out of apples and Susan wanted to take some home for her so we decided to go picking again.
It was raining but we didn't let that stop us, we came home with lots and lots of apples. It was very fun to can the apples and Kate and Nicholas were in charge of pilling them (which is the best job if you ask me). It went very fast because we had a good assembly line. I came out with about 14 apple pie fillings and 12 applesauces Yummy!!! I have been able to learn how to can this summer and have absoultly loved it. We are so blessed to have access to all of this fruit so it makes it very cheap. I am glad to build up my food storage!!! Thanks for the help Nick and Susan

3 comments:

Emily said...

Wow! What hard and good work. We need to come visit, just so we can get some cheaper fruit! I couldn't believe it when I bought 4 apples for $5! Hopefully it's a tad cheaper there.

Dave n Bre plus thr3e! :o) said...

Yum!! It sounds like it was so fun!! Good for you!!

JandK Manwaring Family said...

Yummy! I'm sure it was a lot of work, but it looks so fun and delicious too to pick all those apples.
Your girls are just so cute! I loved Kate in her sunglasses and Savannah with her (well, I guess yours actually) lipstick on. Too cute!